Feb 9, 2008

Take a bite of this place

You somehow don't think US as a place for winter vacations, I mean I usually try to find reasons not to go even when I'm forced to *grin* ... well that was until I impulse clicked on one of those ad links you get on gmail intrigued by the idea of a winter in New Mexico.

Now all of a sudden I'm wondering where to find two days to go to New Mexico ... This is a good writer must say or the place is darn good. All that talk of the blood dark goulash, dirndl clad waitresses ... for the skier coming in from the cold ... are we in some mysterious forgotten valley in Bavaria or in good old adobe New Mexico???

You my fellow armchair travellers, also take note of the sauteed risotto at Joseph's table say served on one of those nights where the wind howls like a chained demon outside ... Comfort food taken to the next level :)

http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/02/10/travel/10Choice.html?ex=1360299600&en=4ea54d4f0d28ae3f&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Somebody I know Ayash Basu was over here last year and raved about the picture taking possibilities ... but nary a word about the food!

No comments: